10 January 2009

home improvement

if anything says more about a person than the clothes they wear and the food they eat, it's the place they live! (or perhaps the things they say, the way they treat people, their ambitions, their insecurities? ...nah.) anyway, my apartment needs a lot of work before it says anything remotely flattering about me. there are a few things i love...










other than a few great tables from craigslist, a fake fireplace, my jewelry, books, magazines, and a few other little things that i love, my little dwelling needs a lot of work. the place is wall to wall hideous carpet, there are no shelves in the "pantry," so all my food is on the windowsill, and there are drop ceilings. i didn't include a picture of those, because it's just too painful.

there's not enough room for my clothes and shoes, so soon all this crap may be homeless...





my mission in 2009 is to make this place better than just livable on a verrry tight budget. pretty soon i'll have a lot more time than money. maybe i can film the process and strike a deal with tlc or hgtv!

2 comments:

ShareThis